LOGISTICS OPERATION MANAGER
- Responsible for a single large strategic customer with multiple locations or several customers encompassing a broad geographic area.
- Manage rate negotiations between company and both customers and carriers
- Develop tactical and strategic plans to build talent pipeline through associate development, meet profit and growth objectives
- To ensure each location is operating efficiently based on Company's contractual commitments while ensuring strong business relationships and confidence are established and maintained
- Manage and guide team members, develop an understanding of transportation markets, needs, trends and seasonality
- Drive consistent operational performance across all locations with a focus on safety, service and cost.
- Ensure all operations are optimally staffed and organized to maximize performance and service delivery
- Develop and implement business plans to improve financial performance year over year
- Instill that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is a recognized indicator of individual and team effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures
- Under the guidance of management and team members, develop an understanding of transportation markets, needs, trends and seasonality.
- Understand the competitive landscape of the customer's business across the globe and align resources to develop a solution
- Understand each customer’s needs to provide real, effective solutions
- Deliver excellent customer service
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Project Management, including operations start-up and/or closedown experience preferred
- Engineering and IT awareness, including supply chain modeling, use of routing, Transportation Management and Warehouse Management applications preferred
- Preferred Multiple Supply Chain Service Line experience (Transportation, Warehouse, Lead Logistics Provider, etc.)
- Excellent negotiation, communication & multi-level presentation skills (internally and externally) required
- Strong Financial Experience and Problem Solving / Process Improvement skills required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, and obey company rules.
- Love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- Enjoy solving problems.
- Pay attention to the details and stay focused.
- Enthusiastic, energetic with a tenacious desire to learn.
- Communicate clearly and you feel comfortable interacting in writing and on the phone.
- Appreciate being part of a team, but also thrive when working independently.
- Have a strong backbone and the ability to handle conflict.
- Self motivated, dynamic and target achievement orientation
- Have good networking in logistics market in various industry