VP of Sales
- Recruiting, leading, developing, and retaining a world class sales team
- Determining sales strategies and tactics. Iterating in response to the market actuals as our team strives to sell product to the most ready and valuable segments of the market
- Collaborating with the marketing department to ensure activities are revisited and refined consistently to generate the highest ROI
- Ensuring that subscription and services prices reflect perceived market value to the extent that they generate the highest return overall
- Working with strategic partners to ensure that channels of distribution are consistently evaluated and refined to identify and develop channels that are most efficient and profitable
- Communicate the revenue strategy company-wide, with a special focus on marketing and sales efforts, to ensure all teams are aligned in strategy and execution
- Hold teams accountable by exhibiting fluency in data and tying performance to established metrics that determine sales and marketing success.
- Coordinating the marketing and sales teams, bridging the gap between the two functionalities, ensuring they serve their unique purpose while coordinating with each other to ensure the company realizes a full revenue cycle.
- Focus on both short and long term results, building a process that efficiently sells, supports and expands the footprint and user base within a school and across the school district
- Work with leaders of other functional areas (finance, engineering, product,...) to align deliverables and services that are needed to meet customers’ needs
- Position reports to CEO and will have direct BOD interactions from time to time reporting on KPI’s and other sales initiatives.
Key Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five years’ experience in hands on sales management experience in high growth B2B software/SaaS is preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in sales operations, business planning, or sales support management
- Demonstrable success in sales strategy planning and execution
- Experience in hiring, measuring, mentoring, training and managing high performance sales organizations
- Experience leveraging latest salesforce management tools (Salesforce, InsightSquared, etc.)
- Experience in segmenting market to leverage current assets for greatest value now.
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Critical Thinking: strategic and highly analytical
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Able to operate independently of a large staff
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; Who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior