- Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent (you are expected to be proficient in double entries and accounting standards)
- 3 to 5 years of work experience (experience in the insurance industry or ex auditor exposed to insurance industry are highly desired)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and attention to details with a control centric mindset
- Hands-on and comfortable in working in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Having knowledge of the XERO accounting system is highly desirable.
- Independent, responsible, strong analytical abilities and good time management
- Good communication skills, excellent in written and oral English
- Responsible for day-to-day financial and accounting operations within the group for payment, AR & AP entries, intercompany entries, bank reconciliation, revenue billing, and other transactions
- Manage month-end and quarter-end closing activities which include reconciliation processes for review.
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Liaise with respective stakeholders (both internal and external) and clear required documentations. External stakeholders include external auditors, tax agents, bankers and statutory bodies.
- Ensure financial and business-related legislative compliance are met and ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Prepare standard and trade journals; reconcile gross premium and accounts payables, and prepare accounts analysis and audit schedules.
- Prepare user requirements on finance and accounting related projects with different teams on financial information flow
- Assisting in the implementation of accounting system, internal control, and policies
- Participate in month end-closing, and prepare monthly management accounts
- Perform bank reconciliation (exclude banking transactions/payment) and issue payment/receipt vouchers
- Compile data for reports related to capital expenditures
- Ensure timely and accurate month end closing
- Assist in any ad-hoc assignments and participate in continuous process improvement projects