As a Copywriter (Brand Journalist you will be an integral part of the team. You will need to combine deep understanding of the trends and concerns inherent to the beauty industry with a varied skillset that will include copywriting, investigative research, script writing, conceptual thinking and content project planning. The role will primarily involve writing for digital/web: you’ll help brands fit their tone of voice to this landscape and advise on content that’ll powerfully connect with consumers. To do this you’ll need to be an expert storyteller able to find interesting and engaging ways of dramatizing subject matters, extremely digitally savvy and comfortable writing with SEO in mind.
What you will do:
- Write, research and conceptualise creative, innovative content that brings readership and encourages sharing
- Write short and long form articles
- Repurpose existing content for different uses
- Master a variety of brand voices
- Work closely with clients to create strong concepts from initial briefing through to execution
- Set tone and drive creativity, working closely with the Content Team Leader (CTL/ Account Director) and Data Strategists to ensure creative excellence
- Maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics and news to identify content opportunities
- Be responsible for working with internal teams to gather input and validate the content
- Ensure consistency and quality across all written content
- Present and articulate concepts to clients.
What you will need:
- Strong experience writing for digital. Must be comfortable creating content with SEO in mind
- A background in a corporate or journalism environment
- A thorough understanding of the language and needs inherent to writing for beauty brands
- Experience of publishing through social media channels and content management systems
- A powerful grasp of how content can play out across multiple mediums
- Able to use data and insight to inform creative
- A flair for words
- The ability to think conceptually when needed. Experience working as part of a traditional creative team (designer and copywriter) would be helpful
- Demonstrated ability to combine and translate complex material from different sources and contexts into stories and content that engage and resonate with target audiences
- Confident presenting and communicating clearly to other team members and clients.